Learn to carve this classic design that is often seen on American period furniture in the late 18th century. This video shows the complete process in 5 separate episodes (1-1/2 hours) of how to carve this historical detail.
- Lesson Contents: 5 episodes; template, tool list, photo, and written instructions available in Episode 1
- Type of Wood: Mahogany
- Dimensions: See template for specific dimensions
- Tool List: 5 or 6mm v-chisel; #3, 6mm; #3, 14mm; #5, 14mm; #8, 10mm; #8, 10mm, spoon-bent (optional)
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Casting Available: Having a 3-D reference is tremendously helpful and allows you to get an accurate assessment of the carving's size, shape, and depth.
= More Lessons at the Intermediate Skill Level =