This is an introduction to "Carving a Christmas Bell."
These hand-carved ornaments seem to be pretty popular, so let's continue with a little bell and ribbon! This is another one you can do a lot with for decorating whether it's stained or painted. It would even look nice as bare wood for natural, rustic look on your Christmas tree.
- Lesson Contents: single episode; template, tool list, and photo
- Type of Wood: Basswood
- Size: 3-1/4"w x 4-1/2"h x 7/8"d
- Tool List: 3mm v-chisel; 6mm v-chisel; #1, 18mm; #3, 3mm; #3, 6mm; #4, 14mm; #4, 18mm; #5, 14mm
- Skill Level: Basic/Intermediate
- Casting Available: Having a 3-D reference is tremendously helpful and allows you to get an accurate assessment of the carving's size, shape, and depth.