• From Ronald Tatman on Carving Hands - Episode 1

Much endurance to remove so much wood with gauges. I have to admit that I cheated on the hobby horse. I used a spoke shave for some of the stock removal. The techniques shown in this lesson are valuable

2022/05/04 at 10:48 pm
  • From Paul Hammond on All About Gouges - Beginner Lesson #3

Hi Mary,

I first heard about you from some users on Lumbrerjocks.com. I had been toying with the idea of adding carving to the list of woodworking things that I aspire to do. Unfortunately, I find that I have little time, I've become more of a tool and lumber collector than a woodworker, but I still hope.
    Recently, due to the invasion of Ukraine, I wanted to offer some support to Ukrainian firms, I found Stryi carving tools. Just to support them I ordered an assortment, after first consulting your list.
    But they do not list any #3 sweep tools. I think, considering your prominence, you might could make contact with them and push them along toward making a beginner's set as you recommend. They seem to be now a small firm making everything by hand and might be able to make such a set easily.
    I ordered mine through a dealer in Calgary Alberta Canada.

2022/05/01 at 5:12 pm
  • From Daniel Larkin on Carving a Rice Sheaf

What is the dimensions of this project? Could I use Popular in place of Butternut? Thanks Dan

2022/04/27 at 7:25 pm
    • From MaryMay on Carving a Rice Sheaf

Hello Daniel,
      The dimensions are listed in several places - under the intro video, on the template, and at the beginning of episode 1. The size is 6-1/2" high x 3-3/4" wide.

2022/04/28 at 1:36 pm
  • From David Gahimer on Carving an Art Nouveau Bowl - Episode 2

that sounds just like the Rats in my attic chewing !!!!!!!

Dave G

2022/04/25 at 6:50 pm
  • From Rick A Jude on Carving a Camellia Flower - Beginner Lesson #8 - Episode 1

Mary, Really love the printed instructions. That way, I can keep on track with the order of the cuts. Loving this, but BOY do I have a long way to go.

2022/04/25 at 5:39 pm