This book is now available for Sale through Lost Art Press
After a three-year journey, my Carving the Acanthus Leaf book is now at the printers and is due to be in print towards the end of November. Time to celebrate! If you pre-order, you will receive a downloadable pdf file that you can view immediately.
Christopher Schwarz and his gang of editors and designers of Lost Art Press have been amazing and patient through this process, as I obsessed over the fine details. I never knew so much happened behind-the-scenes in this book writing process.
To find out more about the book, you can read recent blog posts from Lost Art Press and my blog. Read an in-depth and encouraging book review by Bob Easton here. The direct book sales page also has a description and review of the book.
I am currently finishing up video lessons that go with the 13 different acanthus leaf designs in my book. These will be available for purchase after the book is in print.
Please note: These video lessons are not included in the cost of the book and will not a part of my Online Carving School. Premium Members of my online school will have an option to purchase these lessons at a discount.
This Book Contains:
- History and background of the acanthus leaf
- Getting started with woodcarving
- Process of carving specific details of acanthus leaves
- Personal stories relating to my life as a woodcarver
- Step-by-step process of how to draw 13 unique leaf designs
- Step-by-step process of how to carve 13 unique leaf designs
- Full-size or scaled template of each leaf design