This is a brief introduction to "Carving a Grapevine, Ribbon & Reeds on a Turning."
This 4 episode lesson is Part 1 of the "Turned Dresser Leg" series and covers the detailed process of carving a grapevine on a ribbon spiraling around reeds as the upper portion of this turned leg from the early 1800s. My customer supplied the turnings and the design for the legs of a dresser he was building.
- Series: Part 1 of 6 in the "Turned Dresser Leg."
- Lesson Contents: 4 episodes; 2 templates, tool list, and photo in Episode 1
- Type of Wood: Mahogany
- Size: 14-1/4" long x 2-7/16" diameter
- Tool List: 3mm v-chisel; 6mm v-chisel; #1, 1mm; #1, 14mm; #1, 22mm; #3, 3mm; #3, 5mm; #3, 6mm; #3, 14mm; #5, 5mm; #5, 8mm; #5, 14mm; #7, 6mm; #7, 10mm; #10, 2mm; #11, 2mm
- Skill Level: Advanced
- BONUS: By popular request, I've added a photo and measurements of the bench-top vice to the first episode of each part of this series. Enjoy!