This is a brief introduction to "Carving Laurel Leaves on a Turning."
This single episode lesson is Part 2 of the "Turned Dresser Leg" series and teaches how to carve a ring of laurel leaves which appear twice on the turned surface of this particular leg as "caps" on the Grapevine, Ribbon, and Reeds segment.
- Series: Part 2 of 6 in the "Turned Dresser Leg"
- Lesson Contents: single episode; template, tool list, and photo
- Type of Wood: Mahogany
- Size: 1-1/2"h x 2-1/4"dia.
- Tool List: 3mm v-chisel; 6mm v-chisel; #3, 6mm; #7, 10mm; #8, 6mm
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- BONUS: By popular request, I've added a photo and measurements of the bench-top vice to the first episode of each part of this series. Enjoy!
Lessons in this Series:
= More Lessons at the Intermediate Skill Level =
Leave A Comment