This is a brief introduction to "Carving a Barn Owl."
Good thing we carved that feather. Now let's try a whole bird! A lot of you have been asking for more animal lessons and I got inspired to carve a life size barn owl for a window valance. Don't let the size of this project intimidate you. As with all my lessons, you can increase or decrease the size of the template to suit your needs.
- Lesson Contents: 4 episodes; template, tool list, and photo in Episode 1
- Type of Wood: Basswood
- Size: 32-1/4"w x 10-7/8"h x 1-3/4"d
- Tool List: 4mm v-chisel; 6mm v-chisel; #3, 6mm; #3, 14mm; #4, 18mm; #5, 14mm; #7, 8mm; #7, 10mm; #7, 14mm
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Casting Available: Having a 3-D reference is tremendously helpful and allows you to get an accurate assessment of the carving's size, shape, and depth.