This is a brief introduction to "Carving a Post Necking with Water Leaves."
This single episode lesson is Part 4 of the "Charleston Rice Bed Post" series. The necking on this historical bed post is carved with water leaves, but let me tell you, getting that flat surface and sharp edge between the two rings of leaves to look like an original, turned surface can be tricky!
- Series: Part 4 of 5 in the "Charleston Rice Bed"
- Lesson Contents: Template, tool list, and photo in single episode
- Type of Wood: Mahogany
- Size: 4-1/8" long x 3-1/4" Dia.
- Tool List: 3mm v-chisel; #1, 14mm; #3, 6mm; #4, 14mm; #5, 8mm; #7, 14mm
- Skill Level: Basic/Intermediate