This is a brief introduction to "Carving a Philadelphia Rosette."
This 2 episode lesson is Part 2 of the "Philadelphia Highboy" series and will teach you how to carve the rosettes seen flanking the cartouche on the pediment of a traditional, Philadelphia styled highboy.
- Series: Part 2 of 4 in the "Philadelphia Highboy."
- Lesson Contents: 2 episodes; template, tool list, and photo in Episode 1
- Type of Wood: Mahogany
- Dimensions: 4"dia x 1-1/4"d
- Tool List: 3mm v-chisel; 6mm v-chisel; #3, 6mm; #4, 14mm; #5, 8mm; #5, 14mm; #7, 6mm; #7, 14mm
- Skill Level: Intermediate
Lessons in this Series:
I have plans to create a lesson for the Shell to complete the series. Stay tuned!