This is a brief introduction to "Carving Acanthus Leaves on a Turning."
This 2 episode lesson is Part 3 of the "Turned Dresser Leg" series and teaches how to carve a ring of very intricate acanthus leaves on a turned surface.
- Series: Part 3 of 6 in the "Turned Dresser Leg."
- Lesson Contents: 2 episodes, template, tool list, and photo in Episode 1
- Type of Wood: Mahogany
- Size: 8"w x 2-1/2"h x 3/8"d
- Tool List: 3mm v-chisel; #1, 14mm; #3, 6mm; #5, 5mm; #7, 3mm; #7, 6mm; #11, 1mm
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- BONUS: By popular request, I've added a photo and measurements of the bench-top vice to the first episode of each part of this series. Enjoy!
Lessons in this Series:
= More Lessons at the Intermediate Skill Level =