This is a brief introduction to "Carving a Rose Applique."
This lesson shows the process for carving a rose appliqué in deep relief.
- Lesson Contents: 2 episodes; template, tool list, photo, and "by-the-numbers" diagram in Episode 1
- Type of Wood: Basswood
- Dimensions: 5-3/8"w x 5-7/8"h x 1"d
- Tool List: 4mm v-chisel; 6mm v-chisel; #3, 6mm; #4, 14 mm; #5, 14mm; #6, 8mm; #8, 6mm
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Casting Available: Having a 3-D reference is tremendously helpful and allows you to get an accurate assessment of the carving's size, shape, and depth.
= More Lessons at the Intermediate Skill Level =
I’m getting ready to carve the rose. I have a question just to clarify the dimensions. Is the rose 1″ thick?
Yes, the rose is cut out of a 1″ board. When you’re finished, please add it to the student gallery!
It’s a good experience for me I enjoy learning a new skill