This basket design is based on a Samuel McIntire design. It is carved in 3/8" thick mahogany. I show the technique of locating the layers, working on detailing specific areas, and the technique of bringing the entire design together so that it appears to be much deeper than 3/8".
- Lesson Contents: 4 episodes; template, tool list, and photo available in Episode 1
- Type of Wood: Mahogany
- Dimensions: 9"w x 4"h x 3/8"d
- Tool List: 2mm v-chisel (optional); 5 or 6mm v-chisel; #1, 4mm flat chisel; #1, 10mm flat chisel; #3, 3mm; #3, 6mm; #3, 14mm; #7, 10mm; #7, 14mm
- Skill Level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Casting Available: Having a 3-D reference is tremendously helpful and allows you to get an accurate assessment of the carving's size, shape, and depth.