Carving a Drawer Pull – Antique Reproduction

2017-04-08T23:52:54+00:00 October 7th, 2015|

This is a brief introduction to "Carving a Drawer Pull."

Our 100th Lesson!!! Thank you all for joining me on this incredible journey! This lesson teaches how to reproduce an antique, wooden drawer pull for a 19th century dresser using a profile gauge and an original as a guide.

• Lesson Contents: 2 episodes; template, tool list, and photo available in Episode 1
  • Type of Wood: Mahogany
  • Size: 6-1/2"w x 2-1/2"h x 7/8"d
  • Tool List: 4mm, v-chisel; #1, 4mm; #1, 14mm; #3, 6mm; #4, 14mm; #5, 14mm; #7, 10mm; #7, 14mm; #8, 10mm; #8, 10mm, spoon-bent (optional)
  • Skill Level: Intermediate
= More Lessons at the Intermediate Skill Level =

1. Herb Wofford October 8, 2015 at 9:57 am - Reply

You are just too good!!!

• Mary May October 8, 2015 at 11:09 am - Reply

Thanks Herb!

2. Steve Stutts October 14, 2015 at 10:09 pm - Reply

Excellent work Mary. I was very happy to see this project. I attempted to carve this drawer pull. I returned the original to the owner. He communicated with me last week about your work. I photographed the original from several views. I hope to carve this one after doing many more lessons. Thanks for the posting

• Mary May October 19, 2015 at 11:11 am - Reply

Hi Steve. There were some real challenges with this project. At first glance, it looks a lot easier than it actually is. Sometimes they can be deceiving! Let me know how the carving goes.

3. Geoffrey Chapman October 29, 2015 at 10:10 am - Reply

Mary, the link to ‘Buy this Lesson’ doesn’t seem to work…

• Bob Easton October 29, 2015 at 8:00 pm - Reply

THANKS for reporting that Geoffrey. The link is fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Bob Easton – tech support for Mary’s web sites.